- A bit spoilery but an actor from Man of Steel has confirmed to be returning for Batman vs Superman : Dawn of Justice, it’s all in the (Source)
- Disney have announced that the songwriters of Frozen and director of Tangled are getting together for a Jack and the Bean Stalk adaptation called Gigantic… you have been warned. (Source)
- There’s going to be yet another Predator film and it’s set to be a sequel to the original in an attempt to ‘reinvent the franchise’, Shane Black to co-write and direct. (Source)
- We don’t even have The Force Awakens yet and Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow has already been confirmed as Star Wars – Episode IX director AS WELL AS Mads Mikkelsen and Alan Tudyk being added to Rogue One. (Source)
- Samantha Morton (John Carter, Control, Minority Report) has been added to the ever expanding cast of the Harry Potter spin off Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them. (Source)
- So it appears that Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will actually be the last in the franchise… thank god. (Source)
- Without an original thought insight a post apocalyptic version of Zorro (Reborn) has been announced… sigh… (Source)
- Clint Eastwood’s next feature (Sully) about the pilot that landed a malfunctioning passenger plane in the Hudson River in 09 has added Laura Linney to Tom Hanks and Aaron Eckhart. (Source)
- Clive Owen has been added to Luc Besson’s next sci-fi flick Valerion with the already casted Carla Delevingne and Dane DeHaan. (Source)
- Syfy have officially announced they are developing TV series for Hyperion (novel by Dan Simmons) and Gateway (Frederik Pohl), as well as confirming the pilot dates (December) for the adaptations of Arthur C Clarke’s Childhoods End and James S.A Corey’s The Expanse. (Source)
- Saturday Night Live have announced that Tracy Morgan will mark his first on screen performance since being in a horrific multi-car crash. Great news for him as many thought he’d not be able to perform his comedy in the same way again. (Source)
- Mark Harmon from NCIS (going 13 seasons strong somehow..) is developing a Navy SEAL drama titled ‘The Red Circle‘. (Source)
- A reasoning has surfaced regarding the ‘duped’ nature of The Good Wife Season 6 finale by its creators and it isn’t really that satisfying… or much of a reason for that matter. (Source)
- Flight of the Conchords (that’s a show I’ve not heard of in a long long time) has a script in process for a movie. (Source)
- Sony are saying they have the entire original cast of Married with Children on board for a spin-off, currently in the early stages. (Source)
- The once cancelled idea for Marvel’s Most Wanted (revolving around Mockingbird/Lance Hunter from Agents of Shield) appears to be back on. It’s not being called a spin off but rather a continuation to go along with AoS Season 3 and Agent Carter Season 2 this year. (Source)
Andy Weir’s smash hit book about an astronaut stranded on Mars is being brought to us by Ridley Scott, Starring Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Jeff Daniels, Kate Mara, Sean Bean, Donald Glover and doesn’t look half bad.
Post visual abortion that was I,Frankenstein, the mad scientist and his monster has been rein-visioned, sensentionalised and rebooted with the bro-mance of James McAvoy as Frankenstein and Daniel Radcliffe as Igor.
A random little film where a British superhero does his best to save the world within the health and safety guidelines, but for all his powers love still eludes him. Sounds pretty terrible and the trailer doesn’t do much to convince either.
After it was reported this week that the 10 most profitable films of the last 5 years were all horrors it is unsurprising that another one, this time set in 1600’s New England has popped up. Critically well received at Sundance it’s one to watch out for.
Hell and Back
Probably not seen anything like this since the South Park Movie, plus we all love a red band trailer. Mila Kunis & TJ Miller hook up for this dark fantasy animated comedy.
Scouts Guide to the Apocalypse
This red band trailer looks as ridiculous as it sounds, but sometimes, just maybe, something like this that clearly doesn’t take it self seriously could be quite entertaining.