So this is just a little trial to see if a weekly round up of news from films, TV as well as some trailers is worthy of bringing to you lovely readers. So without further ado…
- Dolph Lundgren… yes… THAT Dolph Lundgren is going to be going undercover in Kindergarten Cop 2. (Source)
- Tom Cruise set to start filming Jack Reacher 2 this fall, Mission Impossible 6 next summer. Ride that million dollar wave Tommy. (Source)
- RUMOR coming out of HBO is that there are early talks about a Deadwood Movie. Even with Ian McShane involved with Ray Donovan currently and Game of Thrones next year, this is great news for fans who deserve a better conclusion than the one they were given after 3 good seasons. (Source)
- First pictures of Black Panther on the Captain America: Civil War set leaked. (Source)
- Benicio Del Toro is looking more and more likely to become Star Wars – Episode VII’s (Rogue One) villain. (Source)
- Everyone’s favourite bald man Patrick Stewart has confirmed Prof. Xavier will have a more substantial part in the next Wolverine film (rumored to be based on the excellent Old Man Logan graphic novel). (Source)
- The wonderful people promoting Hunger Games – Mockingjay Part 2 did this. (Source)
- NBC has confirmed a Xena: Warrior Princess reboot is in its early stages. No word on whether Lucy Lawless will be back to reprise the role but as she’s married to one of the creators don’t bet against some sort of appearance. (Source)
- After being cancelled earlier this year Constantine will appear in an episode of Arrow season 4. With Arrow going in a more mystical direction it has been hinted Constantine will be bringing back a character who’s been killed off for some time. (Source)
- HBO have picked up Sesame Street for the next 5 years. (Source)
- Word round the water cooler is Will Smith wants to modernise and reboot Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Sounds like he wants to be Executive Producer along with wife Jada Pinkett-Smith. This of course wan news to the NBC president. (Source)
The Hateful Eight
Can a teaser trailer be called a teaser trailer if it’s over 2:30? Not that I’m complaining to see that much of Tarantino’s new feature. Cast include Kurt Russel, Samuel L Jackson, Walton Goggins, Tim Roth, Micheal Madsen.
Just look at that title. A vampire yakuza film with the dredlocked badass from The Raid in it. What more do you need to know?!?!
Years ago the Weinstein Company bought the rights to this film, a 40’s mystery thriller, and it was shelved for a long time for some unknown reason even though it was released in many countries with average reviews. Shanghai was scripted by the writer who wrote Drive and stars John Cusack, Chow Youn-fat, Ken Wantanabe and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
In what has been described as the love child of Blade Runner, The Matrix and Deadwood HBO gives us a teaser of their new show featuring Anthony Hopkins.
Showtimes new show featuring Paul Giamatti + Damian Lewis is looking like a more grounded and dramatic Wolf of Wall Street. Set to air early 2016.
Bradley Cooper’s new film looks like they took the film Chef and ripped out its heart and charm, added a dash of ambition and this is what we are left with.